How to specify overhead sectional doors or glass roll up doors correctly as well as take into consideration the requirements of an operable overhead sectional door can be a challenge for some designers, engineers, and architects. An overhead sectional door is generally the largest moving part of a building and a valuable investment for building owners. Arm-R-Lite has dedicated this portion of our site to helping those tasked with designing and specifying overhead sectional doors and glass roll up doors meet their goals.
Architectural Resources – Overhead Sectional Door Supplementary Information
Online Architectural Resource
- Download this PDF copy of our Online Architectural Resource Companion for a brief explanation of the components of an Arm-R-Lite overhead sectional door. The biggest challenge when it comes to planning for an overhead sectional door is leaving enough headroom for the door to operate. Often overlooked, headroom can make or break a project if not taken into consideration when planning. This PDF document will explain what headroom is, how to measure it, and why it is important. Other information includes track options, general overview of components, and product comparisons.
- Due to the strength and durability of our exclusive welded frame, Arm-R-Lite aluminum and glass overhead doors are able to accommodate even the most unique applications. PDF downloads are available below for a few of our most requested custom options. For a complete listing of our overhead door options such as sloping bottom bars, flood vents, and other unique products, please visit the custom options link provided above. E-flyers: ADA Compliant Pass Door, Push-Out Windows, Custom Panel Options, Acoustical / Sound Reducing Package, and Energy Efficiency Package.
- Here you will find links to each of our commercial sectional door models, their specifications, CAD drawings, and specification templates for your convenience. Each of our commercial models is unique and may be available with exclusive options such as our ADA compliant no step over pass door.
- Arm-R-Lite has worked with hundreds of leading architects, builders, and designers throughout our 50+ year history on ground breaking projects. Check out a few feature articles showcasing Arm-R-Lite in custom applications by leading architects such as Barton Meyers.
- A comprehensive list of terms, components, and phrases in use regarding overhead sectional doors.
Arm-R-Lite enjoys working with architects, builders, and designers. If you have any questions regarding how to specify an Arm-R-Lite overhead sectional door or glass roll up door, please feel free to contact us.